Muhammed of Jesus Like Moses?
Muhammad was not divine but the last of the prophets - the very one predicted in Moses' day:
Who fulfills Deut. 18:18 the most Jesus or Muhammad?
18:18 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he
will tell them everything I command him.
1. Moses was miraculously escaped from being murdered by the King of Egypt as an infant. Exo 1:15-2:10 Jesus also miraculously escaped being murdered by King Herod as an infant by going to Egypt (an angel told Joseph to leave Israel ) Mat 2:13-15
2. Moses & Jesus both were Royalty, Moses was raised in Pharaoh's household & Jesus was King of the Jews. Mat 2:2, 27:11, 27:37, John 18:39
3. Moses & Jesus were Jews ministering to Jews. Jesus is a Jew which is required by Deut 18:18. "...a prophet like you from among their brothers."
4. Moses & Jesus brought us blood covenants, Moses: the sheep dies for the shepherd & Jesus' the shepherd dies for his sheep, us. Exo 34:10-28, Mat 26:28, John10:11-17, Heb 8:8-10:18
5. Moses spoke to God in His presence and after these encounters his face glowed. Exo 34:5-30 Jesus spoke with God face to face and he glowed to his disciples. John 5:19-24, 6:28-47, 17:5, Mark 9 Muhammad got his messages from Gabriel
6. Moses had his people turn against him & they were cursed with venomous snakes for it in. The Lord had Moses "lift up" a bronze snake nailed to a pole & by looking at it you would live as God promised. Num 21:4-9. Jesus had his people turn against him & "lift him up" by nailing him to a tree & looking to Jesus we get eternal life is God's promise. John 3:14-18, Gal 3:13 & Deut. 21:23
7. Moses spoke with a lot of authority. Exodus 11:4 So Moses said, "This is what the LORD says:.. " Jesus spoke with even more authority, he forgave sins, & said all the time "I say to you.." Mat 8:11, 26:64, MK 5:41, Luke 7:14, 11:9, John 14:10, Mat17:5 Jesus is even referred to as the living "Word of God" in the Koran & the Bible. John 1:1-14
8. Moses taught that followers of God are saved by faith alone like Abraham Gen 15:6 Jesus taught followers of God are saved by faith alone like Abraham. John 3:16, 5:24, 6:28-29 Muhammad taught followers are saved by faith plus works. "Every man's actions have we hung around his neck, and on the last day shall be laid before him a wide-open book." (17:13)
9. Moses instituted the first Passover, when the Lord "passed over" the sins of the ""first born" after the blood of the "Passover lamb" was placed over the doorpost the "first born" lives were spared. Exo 12:11, 12:21, 12:27-29, 34:25 Jesus died on the day of Passover shedding his blood for us, so God will Passover our sins, thus Jesus is the true "Passover lamb". Luke 22:15, 1CO 5:7, John 1:29
10. Moses did many miracles per Koran & Bible. Jesus created the universe (John 1 & Col 1:1-16), holds the universe together by his power (Col 1:17), raised the dead, healed lepers, the blind, the deaf, walked on water, calmed the storm, healed the sick, made cripples walk, coin from fishes mouth, cast out demons & more. Muhammad has no miracles recorded in the Koran.
11. Moses & Jesus prayed at various times, ways & places. Mat 6:5-13 Muhammad taught we must recite prayers in praise of Allah five times daily while facing Mecca , the city where Allah revealed the Koran to Muhammad. Prayer must be performed at prescribed hours and in a definite pattern of word and posture.
12. Moses & Jesus taught God is always seeking us (John 12:32). He wants to have a personal relationship with us as he did with them. John 17:3, Romans 8:16-17, Heb 8:11 Muhammad portrays God as one who is "far", who is transcendent only
13. Moses & Jesus were both "saviors". Moses saved the Jewish nation from slavery in Egypt. Jesus saved us from our sin & hell by being "the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world"." John 1:29 John the Baptist
14. Moses had his people grumble against him (Exo 15:24, 16:2), then the Lord "rained down bread from heaven" which was called Manna. Exo 16:4-35 Jesus said "The bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." and "I am the bread of life that came down from heaven" and the Jews grumbled against him. John 6:31-41
15. Moses was faithful as a servant in all God's house, testifying to what would be said in the future. Jesus Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast. Hebrews 3:5-6
16. Moses & Jesus worship a God that is smart enough to write scripture that can be translated into 100s of languages and everyone can read it and have the same beliefs and powerful enough to preserve his scripture forever as Jesus the only Messiah prophet taught. Mat 5:18, Mat 24:35, Mk13:31 "Heaven & earth will pass away but my words will not pass away," Jesus
17. Moses taught that "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness". Lev 17:11, Heb 9:22 Jesus shed his blood on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins.
18. Moses & Jesus were mediators between God & men. Gal 3:19-25, Heb 8:5-6, 9:15, 12:24, 1Tim 2:5,
Christian Debater™ P.O. Box 144441 Austin, TX 78714